Single-ply roofing systems are used as cost effective roof overlay systems and can be integrated with a vapour barrier and insulation to create a full warm roof build-up.
Single Ply Roofing
Single-ply roofing systems are used as cost effective roof overlay systems and can be integrated with a vapour barrier and insulation to create a full warm roof build-up. Single ply roofing systems can be provided in TPO, EPDM and PVC which are the three most common types of single-ply membrane systems. Since they consist only of a single layer of roofing over insulation or as a direct roof overlay, these popular systems are lightweight, making them an ideal choice for new or retro-roofs.
Types of single ply roofing systems
TPO (ThermoPlastic Olefin) roofing systems combine the long-term durability of rubber with the security of hot air welded seams. TPO’s advantages include:
- The most environmentally friendly of the single-ply systems
- Produce no dioxins or chlorine
- Come in varying thicknesses and roll widths to meet your specific requirements.
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a stable roofing alternative that withstands extremes of temperature and expands and contracts with the building.
Key advantages are:
- Minimal maintenance
- Resistant to UV radiation and ozone
- Proven effective for more than 30 years.
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Roofing Systems are among the easiest single-ply roofing membranes to install and heat-weld together. Among the advantages PVC systems provide:
- Ability to resist various chemical effluents
- Superior resistance to punctures and tears
- Especially suited for roofs that are exposed to concentrations of grease, oils and many kinds of fuels
- Ideal in areas where acid rain or other forms of acidic outflow is a problem.
Clad-IT are specialist installers of single ply roofing systems in a range of materials, finishes and thicknesses to meet our clients requirements. Single ply roofing systems can be supplied with material and workmanship guarantees from 10 – 30 year to satisfy the lifecycle of the building. We install a range of specialist roof refurbishment roofing membranes which are fleece backed and can provide a cost effect roof overlay installations to satisfy your required roofing budget.