Core samples are taken across flat roofing systems to identify the current roof build up and moisture content.
When completing a detailed flat roof survey we would always recommend that a series of core samples are completed by our experienced roof surveyors.
A core sample is executed by cutting through the roof build-up down to the deck of the existing deck.
Once this has been executed we will insert a moisture probe to find out the moisture content of the roof build-up.
Upon completed the cores we be backfilled and made fully weathertight with a membrane, liquid coating or similar.
Clad-IT provide professional flat roofing surveys and from these surveys we can advise on a range of options to repair, overlay or replacement of your existing waterproofing system.
Contact Clad-IT to discuss your flat roof requirements and to discuss the your survey requirements.
The benfits of core sampling are:
- To indentify the current roof build-up
- To advise on the current ‘U’ Value of the roof build-up
- To assess how well bonded the existing roof covering is
- To identify the roof deck material
- To check for any asbestos containing materials
- To confirm if roof moisture is present